Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Catholic Charities. The following points outline our process:
- Please fill out the application completely, answering every question. Please save the application. See the link to the Fillable Volunteer Application. Application Form You may not be able to fill out the form on a mobile phone.
- Catholic Charities conducts a criminal background check on all potential volunteers who are 18 and older.
- You must provide a photocopy of your driver’s license, state ID, or other document with your picture and address on it.
- All documents, (application, CORI, and identification), must be emailed or mailed to the Coordinator of Volunteer Services.
- This process can take a few days, depending on when the CORI results come back. Once the CORI results come back, an interview will be scheduled with program staff.
- Once you interview with staff, the staff member will set up a time for you to receive your orientation and begin volunteering.
- Volunteers will receive the Volunteer Handbook with policy forms to sign.
Below is a list of current volunteer opportunities:
- Pick up food, with staff, at the Worcester County Food Bank
- Assist in our pantries with organizing food and working with clients
- Assist in the clothing closet (sort donations, help clients find items)
- Organize a drive (school supplies, hygiene products, diapers, baby items, Christmas gifts, and more)
- Provide dinner to our 12 families at Youville House Family Shelter in Worcester
- Work with individuals with developmental disabilities at the Mercy Centre
- Assist with painting and weeding at the Mercy Centre
- Assist individuals in need of financial literacy (Catholic Charities has a curriculum)
- Interpret for individuals who speak Nepalese, Kinyarwanda and Arabic, our Refugee Resettlement program
- Drive refugees to appointments
For more information, please contact:
Coordinator of Volunteer Services
10 Hammond Street
Worcester, MA 01610